With so much to see in the United States, it is difficult to distinguish between the best places to visit in USA. I’ve done this work for you and create a list of the 60 best places to visit in USA.
It is a hard task to list all the best vacation spots and places in the US because there are a lot!
If you want an opinion of where and when to visit the USA, you are in the perfect place.
For those who want to explore beyond the border and boundaries, check out the best places to visit in 2020.
Having more than 19,000 cities, USA provides the traveler with a variety of places to visit and explore.
A true adventurer is always looking for such a bunch of activities and opportunities to explore.
So, I’ve collected a vast data for vagabonds to wander in the USA and to enjoy their moments.
Keep reading without further delay and check out my list from least to most fantastic vacation spots in the US.
#60 Jackson, Wyoming
So, you are outdoor adventures lover, and looking for the best places to visit in USA. Here’s one of the best places to visit in USA for you and your family!
Jackson is a town in Wyoming’s Jackson Hole Valley and consists of 3 ski areas: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Snow King Mountain Resort, and Grand Targhee Resort.
This western mountain town and ski resort have enough that you could want in a ski vacation.
But, I must mention here that skiing in the Jackson Hole is the best thing to do in Wyoming.
Jackson offers many ski diversions and attraction points for every sort of skier.
Difference Between Jackson, Wyoming and Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Let me clear one most important thing! Visitors often don’t know about the difference between Jackson, Wyoming and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Jackson hole is a 48-mile long valley surrounded spiky mountain peaks and includes the town of Jackson and Teton Village.
Whereas Jackson is the name of the main town located at the southern end of the Jackson Hole.
Jackson, Wyoming is one of the best places to visit in USA.
Things to do in Jackson, Wyoming
There are many things to do in Jackson, Wyoming during vacation. You can try new activities and enjoy the glorious outdoor playground.
Here’s the list of things to do and see in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Mountain Bike: From the past few years, Jackson hole has become a world-class mountain bike destination.
You should have a bike riding experience to do this activity; otherwise, you could get an accident!
- Take a Hike: Hiking in Jackson Hole requires good stamina. It starts from the river to scrambles of the mountain to get thousands of feet high in canyons and peaks.
I recommend taking at least one hike in Grand Teton National Park during your stay in Jackson Hole.
- Aerial Tram Ride: If you love to see from a height, take a ride in Aerial Tram.
The Tram takes passengers almost 4,140 vertical feet from the base of Jackson Hole Resort to 10,450 feet.
- Climb the Tetons: Are you looking for a vertical adventure? Making it to the top of the mountain can be one of the highlights of your trip to Jackson Hole.
- See a Stunning Sunset: When the sun sets in the Tetons, it’s a take-your-breath-away experience.
Some of the favorite spots for watching the sunset are Curtis Canyon, Mormon Row, Dornan’s, Jenny Lake, and Single Mountain.
Food in Jackson, Wyoming
When you’ve decided to start a journey towards Jackson, Wyoming, you must have to taste some foods drinks.
You will be amazed by the mouth-watering taste of cuisines.
Here’s the list of 05 must-have food experience while you’re here:
- 307 Fries
- Buffalo Burger
- Bar Chicken
- Tora Roll
- Silver Dollar Burger
I must suggest you taste all of the mentioned recipes and enjoy their delicious taste.
Moreover, if you are willing to know about the world-wide food, check Foods.
Therefore, Jackson, Wyoming is one of the best places to visit in USA. It’s up to you to decide what activity you would like to do and see in Jackson Hole.
#59 Indianapolis, Indiana
Indiana, often shorten with Indy, is the capital of Indiana the state of US. This is one of the best vacation spots in the US for families and friends.
However, the children’s museum of Indianapolis is one of the biggest museums in the United States.
When the sun is shining, you want to soak it up while surrounded by nature.
An Indianapolis gateway will carry your love of the outdoor with a mix of park and adventure. You can get such scenery only here.
So, don’t waste time, pack your backpack and get out to enjoy many of this city’s hidden gems.
Things to do in Indianapolis
As I mentioned above, Indy provides a lot of opportunities and activities for families to spend quality time.
You’ll want to spend a few hours at the Children-Museum of Indianapolis and the Zoo is another pick for families.
- Eagle Creek Park: The Eagle Creek Park in one of the largest municipal parks in the US.
You must visit this park if you are a nature lover. I must say this is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: This wonderful children’s museum is the biggest in the world and worth family visits.
You kids will love exploring this museum because there’s so much for them to learn.
- Indianapolis Zoo: Indy Zoo is famous among families because it spread over 64 acres and has more than 1,600 animals.
There’s also a great choice of on-site restaurants, from burgers and hot dogs to healthy food and drinks.
- Duckpin Bowling: This is a fun site with a twist of traditional bowling. Both kids and adults love to spend their time here.
- Motor Speedway: This is the most internationally famous motor speedway and you have a chance to take full advantage of it.
Food in Indianapolis
Indianapolis food is the most underrated in the United States. But, it’s providing a quality meal with delicious taste.
Some of the best restaurants to eat in Indianapolis are mentioned below:
- Mama Carolla’s – It’s an old Italian Restaurant.
- Siam Square – It provides seafood.
- Taste of Havana – It is famous for traditional Cuban Sandwiches.
- Late Harvest Kitchen – It has the most pleasant courtyard dining spaces.
- Harry and Izzy’s – This restaurant have a variety of delicious cuisine.
Because of these reasons, I’ve listed Indianapolis in the best places to visit in USA. When you visit Indy, you must do these things!
#58 Livingston, Montana
Livingston is located in southwestern Montana and is one of the best places to visit in USA.
There are many things to do in Livingston from indoor to outdoor activities with families and friends.
Therefore, with so much to do here, you’ll need to spend as much time as possible to see all hidden gems.
Moreover, if you want to experience a cowboy life, you’ll have the opportunity to do so here.
You’ll find what to do in Livingston, Montana below!
Things to do in Livingston, Montana
Having so many opportunities, it’s difficult to select what to do and when to do!
So, I’ve listed some of the best activities that you should experience once in a life.
- Yellowstone River: The best thing to do in Livingston is to visit the Yellowstone River and experience floating on it.
You can float as well as you can be fishing on the Yellowstone River.
- Yellowstone Gateway Museum: Have you decided on a trip with your family to Livingston? Here’s one of the best places to visit in Livingston, the Yellowstone Gateway Museum.
This museum has great hands-on kids’ activities like dress up as a firefighter and many more.
- Sacajawea Park: You’ll find this park on the bank of the river Yellowstone. Sacajawea Park is considered one of the best vacation spots in US.
Children can in the wading pool and also have an opportunity to play tennis.
- Livingston Depot: An historic place for you! Livingstone depot was built in 1902 and a great museum to check out.
I must suggest you to not miss the large brick building right on Park Street.
- Downtown: The downtown of Livingston is full of history and has very cool vibes.
You could easily spend an afternoon walking through the downtown.
Food in Livingston
Livingston is providing a variety of delicious food and drinks. There are many restaurants and bars, but I’ve listed five of them.
- The Stockman – Bar and Restaurant
- Faye’s Café – Café and Restaurant
- The Sport – Pub
- Gil’s Good – Fast food and café
- Yellowstone Valley Grill – Luxurious Dining
Now, you should have an idea why Livingston is one of the best places to visit in USA.
You have bundles of things to do and to eat in Livingston, Montana.
#57 Palm Springs, California
Palm Springs is a city in the Sonoran Desert of southern California. This city is well known for its architectural features.
So, you should visit this city once, because it has a lot of human masterpieces and nature drills.
Things to do in Palm Spring, California
You can do many activities in Palm-Spring as mentioned below!
- Palm Canyon Drive: Palm Canyon Drive is the main downtown area of Palm Spring, where you’ll find many galleries restaurants and shops.
- Art Museum: This museum founded in 1938 and formally called the Palm Spring Desert Museum.
It will be a very fantastic spot if you are with your family!
- Coachella Valley Preserve: It is around three thousand acre protected area in the Coachella Valley, Palm Spring near Palm Desert.
- Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway: This is the place where Elvis and Priscilla Presley spent their honeymoon and is famous for its architectural beauty.
- Sparrows Lodge: Do you want relaxation? Here’s a destination for you.
You will feel friendliness and relaxation as you enter in the Sparrows Lodge.
Food in Palm Spring
Palm Spring restaurants are famous for their variety of cuisine and class. Most of the restaurants update their menus daily according to trends and people choices.
- Birba – Best Pizza in the Palm Spring.
- So.pa – Sitting area gives the best experience.
- Johannes – Calm and Casual atmosphere.
- The Tropicale – Fine Dining.
- Melvyn’s – Most active staff and delicious food.
Palm Spring has the largest concentration of modern buildings and artifact in the Country. Therefore, Palm Spring is one of the best cities to visit in USA.
#56 Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
Mount Rushmore is one of the best places to visit in USA and has a very attractive thing for visitors.
Therefore, you must visit an Iconic Attraction of four presidents which is sculptured into the rock.
What to do in Mount Rushmore?
Mount Rushmore don’t have much to provide you, but still have somethings that will attract you!
- Walk Under the Avenue of Flags: The main pathway to Mount Rushmore has an avenue of flags.
You will enjoy it when you pass through and see the flags of almost 50 states.
- Enjoy the Moments at Mount Rushmore: Mount Rushmore is one of the best vacation spots in the US with your families and friends.
You will see a Sample Historic Ice Cream here!
You can spend hours here and I must suggest you to dine at Carver’s Marketplace.
There are not so many reasons to visit Mount Rushmore, but still, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#55 Newport, Rhode Island
Newport is a city in Rhode Island and have an attractive scenery for nature lovers.
This city will provide you best Gilded Age Glamour.
Things to do in Newport
From Cliff walk to ocean drive, Newport has a lot for travelers and backpackers.
So, I have chosen some the best activities for you that you must do when visit Newport.
You should try them all to enjoy your journey!
- Cliff Walk: Seeking nature? Newport has a cliff walk of 3.5 miles which is perfect for you to find peace.
- Ocean Drive: Do you want a romantic drive? Here’s a chance for you will!
You should enjoy ocean drive with you partner. But, you can also do this with your family!
- Fort Adams: Newport’s carry a bunch of beautiful scenery! For Adams is State Park for Public with a great beauty.
Dining in Newport has never been better. But now, new chef-owned restaurants are providing an option of delicious cuisine.
You should try their local dishes and drinks!
With so many opportunities, Newport is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#54 Acadia National Park, Maine
Acadia National Park is having 47,000 Acre area present on Maine Mount Desert Island.
Small bays surround the island and nearly knifed in half. Acadia National Park is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
There are many things to do and see in Acadia National Park, and you’ll enjoy all of them.
Here are some of them:
- Drive Park Loop Road: I can say, it is a pleasure and most classic drive.
- Thunder Hole: See if you can catch the thunder at the thunder hole. A place where coastline gets slammed by ocean ways regularly.
- Sand Beach: You should check out the sand beach. There you will find families enjoying the bright and clear water.
- Coastline: I suggest you climb along the shoreline. Its coastline is rocky and one of the best adventurous spots.
- Sunset: Watch the sunset at the Bass Harbor Head Light. The coastline paired with a lighthouse in the most beautiful places in Acadia National Park.
With so many things to do here, you’ll not get bored in Acadia National Park.
That’s why it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#53 Lancaster Country, Pennsylvania
Lancaster Country is in southern Pennsylvania. It is famous for its red-brick central market building.
So, you’ll experience steeped history, art, creativity, and fun when you visit Lancaster Country.
The people of Lancaster Country are friendly and welcoming.
Even for long-time visitors, there are plenty of things to do and see. With so many things to know, it will make your next visit as exciting as your first.
Below are some of the opportunities and activities that you can do here:
- National Toy Train Museum: Lancaster Country has the world’s most extensive publicly exhibited collection of toy trains and accessories.
- Balloon Rides: You should experience the thrill of a hot air balloon ride and float over the Amish Farm Country.
- Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park: This is one of the best vacation spots in the US for families. With over 35 rides, water play, and live entertainment, it is perfect for families.
- Kitchen Kettle Village: Kitchen Kettle Village is a place for sharing laughter and carving out family.
- Field of Screams: Last but not least, American’s No.01 Haunted Attraction! It is one of the best four haunted attractions.
Lancaster Country Cuisine
Lancaster Country is more than just the traditional style of cooking. It will tickle your taste with a blossoming food sense and fresh produce.
Hence, you’ll love to taste all of their unique and delicious recipes.
Lancaster Country is having so much for visitors. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in US.
#52 Hearst Castle, California
Hearst Castle in San Simeon is a national historic landmark. This California Historical Landmark is present on the Central Coast of California.
Architect Julia Morgan built it from 1919 to 1947. One can visit the castle’s Grand Room, where Hearst entertains his many celebrity guests. Hence, these rooms are the most impressive.
Moreover, children under five are welcomed free of charge. But, ticket prices start at 25 USD per adult and 12 USD per child.
A complimentary bus takes visitors up to the castle grounds, where they can start exploring.
Note: If you walk around the back of the main building, you’ll see that the exterior was never truly completed.
Make sure not to take your pets with you because pets are not allowed in Hearst Castle.
#51 National Museum of the American Indian, Washington, D.C.
National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, DC, is a museum of the culture of indigenous people of the Americas.
A burnt sand-colored exterior of Kasota Limestone wraps around the walls.
Moreover, it has hundreds of thousands of artifacts and images which are well organized.
The best way to explore the National Museum of the American Indian is on a guided tour.
The Museum is free and open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
So, you can quickly get here by using public transport. The museum’s collection represents more than 12,000 years of history across 1,200+ indigenous cultures from the Americas.
- If you take your children with you, keep an eye on them.
- Handle your stuff carefully.
- Make sure not to damage anything.
- No need to take food with you. There’s a café inside the Museum.
- Do not bring your pets with you.
National Museum of the American Indian is providing many activities for visitors.
Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in US. You’ll enjoy yourself with your family here.
#50 Alcatraz Island, San Francisco
Alcatraz Island is present in San Francisco Bay, 1.25 miles offshore from San Francisco, California.
It is a small island surrounded by sea from all sides. You can visit Alcatraz Island with your family because it provides many picnic spots.
Somethings you should know before visiting Alcatraz Island:
- Get Ready Early: You need to get ready early because the boat will not wait for you.
- Photo ID: If you are over 18, you’ll need a Photo ID to pick up tickets. But, the only person who booked the tickets needs to show Photo ID.
- No Food: Keep in mind that there’s no food on Alcatraz Island. You have to bring your diet along with you.
- Visit with Layers: You always need to carry some layers when visiting Alcatraz Island.
- Coming Back: When it’s time to come back, make a queue early. So, you can exit early from the island.
You must visit this island once life with your family and friends!
#49 Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles
The Griffith Observatory is in Los Angeles, California. To be exact, sitting on the south-facing slope of Mount Hollywood Los Angeles’ Griffith Park.
Griffith Observatory’s ground, exhibits, and telescopes are available for the public free of cost.
Moreover, there are 8 to 10 live shows each day in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium. They also offer daily and monthly programs, special events, and public star parties.
Griffith Observatory has a café. No matter if you want a refreshing drink or a full meal, you’ll find everything in this café.
There are not a lot of activities for visitors but still, have several opportunities and activities for tourists.
Some of the activities are:
- Hike Along Pristine: I suggest you should hike on your own with a knowledgeable guide.
- Discover Wonders: Well, its building is having some telescope. So, you can use them to discover wonders.
- Horse Riding: If you want to ride a horse, you’ll get a chance to do so.
From activities to food, Griffith Observatory provides such quality to visitors. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in US.
If you want to get a freeze, here you go! Alaska is a state of the United States. Alaska is famous for glaciers and fjords.
Moreover, it has the highest mountain peak of Mount Denali. However, you can take a road trip to see its top sight.
Most importantly, it’s a severe cold places.
In addition, Alaska is a land of superlatives: the largest national park, the highest peak, longest coastline, and longest day and night.
Adventure and Alaska go hand in hand. Where else you can hike on the ice-age glacier and skim over the wilderness in a bush plane.
Alaska visitors can experience the Unites States’ unique Native Culture through many avenues.
Adventurous travelers can get a real bird’s view through a helicopter. Moreover, their food is unique and delicious.
Alaska gets a place in the best vacation spots in the US with so many activities for visitors.
#47 Denver, Colorado
Denver is the capital of Colorado, an American Metropolis and is best for Craft Beer Aficionados.
With so many breweries in the mile-high city, it’s hard to choose the best one. Denver is nicknamed as Mile-High City because it is precisely 1-mile-high from the sea.
But, there are many other activities for tourists. There are a lot of museums and other activities to choose from.
Let’s have a look at some of the options for you!
- Wing Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum: It is an exciting museum for all aircraft fans and their families.
- Climbing: Learning to climb would be a great day for all the families. Contact with Denver Climbing Company to participate in it.
- Baseball Ground: Baseball fans will undoubtedly enjoy a visit to the 76 acres Coors Field!
- Botanic Gardens: These are gorgeous gardens in Denver where you can enjoy with your families.
- Mount Evans: Do you and your family want fresh air? Here you go! Mount Evans is the best place to enjoy nature.
- Food: Denver is famous for its five iconic Cuisine. These are:
_ Green Chili.
_ Smothered Burritos.
_ Street Tacos.
_ Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Denver offers many more activities and opportunities for tourists and backpackers. Therefore, I’ve put Denver in the best places to visit in US.
#46 Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, California
The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens are also famous as Huntington.
It is a collections-based educational and research institute. Moreover, it is not a destination easily explored thoroughly in a single day.
Once you’ve paid your admission, you’ll be close to the main library. There a so many collections and most of them are only for researchers.
However, some of its most notable holdings are always on display. The art collection is almost as noteworthy as the library collection.
Moreover, Huntington also has vast jigsaw of botanical gardens. These gardens are the most glorious in the Los Angeles region.
Some of the gardens are:
- The Huntington Desert Garden.
- Huntington Chinese Garden.
- Huntington Japanese Garden.
- Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden.
- Arlington Garden in Pasadena.
The 207 acres of gardens, 120 acres of which are open to the public, are divided into a variety of themes.
Like much of the fabulous places, it is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#45 Portland, Maine
Portland is a city in the US State of Maine and is on a peninsula extending into Casco Bay.
This city is the best in the food scene. Moreover, Portland is the most populous city in Maine State with more than 67,000 people.
A piece of good news for you! Portland has all sort of exciting places to see and many exciting activities.
There are hundreds of points of interest and landmarks here. You’ll find bars, restaurants, museum, outdoor activities, theatres and so on.
Some of the opportunities for tourists are below:
- The Old Port: Portland is one of the most important port in the region for both transport and fishing. The Old Port is famous for a variety of shops, bars, and restaurants for both tourists and locals.
- The Portland Museum of Art: This museum is one of the best vacation spots in the US. You can visit with your families and friends. You’ll not get bored.
- The Peaks Island: Take a ferry from Casco Bay and visit this cute little island. Here you could admire beautiful coastline and beaches.
- The Portland Head Lighthouse: This is a more significant and fascinating place for visitors. This Lighthouse is one of the oldest lighthouses in the state of Maine.
- Victoria Mansion: It is a Historic House Museum and a historic landmark in Portland. If you are fascinated by old buildings and vintage items, it is the place for you.
Having many fantastic activities for tourists and backpackers, Portland is one of the best places to visit in US.
#44 Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville is a city in North Carolina and the best city with a Bohemian Vibe. You’ll find a mixture of farmers, hippies, musician, and artists here.
Moreover, Asheville has excellent outdoor activities for visitors and also for locals. You can drive or hike, and you can also enjoy the wildlife in Asheville.
Well, most of the Asheville treasure found in outdoor. A true backpacker can imagine what it’s like to live in the lap of luxury nature.
So, you’ll admire Asheville after visiting here. Asheville provides a lot of opportunities for tourists. Some of them are the following:
- Street Art: Asheville is famous for its street arts. If you wander in the streets, you’ll see people’s art on the walls.
- Biltmore: Biltmore is an iconic landmark in Asheville and enjoyable place to visit. You’ve to purchase a ticket to enter in Biltmore.
- Pisgah National Forest: “When you walk in the woods, you’ll get more than you seek”. Pisgah National Forest is jam-packed with activities and breathtaking views.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: You can drive over here and stop to take pictures and videos. It’s a beautiful place for adventurous.
- Appalachian Trail: Appalachian Trail is 6,000 feet high, and North Carolina offers many of the Appalachian Trail’s highest peaks.
It would be best if you visited once with your family or friends you enjoy the breathtaking beauty of nature.
#43 Apostle Islands, Wisconsin
Apostle Island is home to the stunning rock formation and six historic lighthouses. It is a chain of 21 islands that offer kayaking, hiking, and island camping opportunities.
Moreover, this Island is providing most of the outdoor activities for visitors. If you are outdoor activities lover than Apostle Island is the place for you.
Some of the best activities that you can do here are:
- Boating: Apostle Islands have long been the best place for boaters and sellers. You can enjoy a ride on the sea in Apostle Island.
- Hunting: You’ll be shocked to know that fishing is permitted in the Apostle Islands. You can hunt and eat your hunted meal here.
- Body Massage: According to the visitors’ views, you’ll forget your every tension by a body massage in Apostle Island.
So, you can take your diet with you or can also enjoy the Islands’ meal. Therefore, the Apostle Islands are one of the best places to visit in US.
#42 St. Augustine, Florida
St. Augustine is on Florida’s Northeast Coast and is one of the oldest city in the United States.
It is the best places for you if you want to see historic Florida. Like the St. Augustine is the nation’s oldest city; therefore, it provides the most important things to do.
However, you could not have time to see them all. But, you can enjoy as you can here.
You can’t leave St. Augustine without visiting the Old Jail and Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.
So, make sure to visit and enjoy the places mentioned below:
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument: According to recent travelers, the monument is a well-preserved and exciting piece of American History. It would be best if you visited this monument.
- Lighthouse and Maritime Museum: Bring a camera with you and climb up the lighthouse, you’ll love the scenery and make sure to capture it.
- Beach: St. Augustin has a clean and clear beach. You can take your families here for a picnic.
With a historical touch, St. Augustine offers both indoor and outdoor activities for the visitor. Hence, it is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#41 Seattle, Washington
Seattle is a city on Puget Sound in the Pacific Northwest which is surrounded by water, mountains, and forests.
It is the best city for seafood lovers. So, you’ll get every seafood here. Seattle is famous as Emerald because of its lush green forests.
There’s no shortage of things to do and places to see in Seattle. Despite Seattle rainy reputation, you can still enjoy sunny spring and summers.
To help make your visit easier for you, I’ve put together a list of some things to do in Seattle.
- Seattle Waterfront: I suggest you go to the waterfront at first to experience the beauty of Seattle at once.
- Olympic Sculpture Park: It is a genuinely must-visit place in Seattle. It would help if you visited here with your families.
- Space Needle: Well, it is the landmark of Seattle, Washington. You can take a view of the city from the Space Needle.
- Museum of Pop Culture: You can also learn about modern society at the Museum of Pop Culture. It is quite different from other museums.
- Ballard: Ballard is probably one of the most exciting parts of Seattle. It is home to a former Scandinavian fishing community. You can wander here and enjoy the beauty of nature.
It would be best if you traveled to Seattle, Washington, once in life so that you can truly understand the Earth’s beauty. Because of its beauty and culture, it is one of the best places to visit in US.
#40 Utah National Parks, Utah
Utah is a doubly landlocked state in the western United States. It is boarder by Colorado to east and Nevada to the west and touches a corner of New Mexico in the southeast.
If you are keen to visit National Parks, then Utah National Parks are the best places for you. There are thirteen National Parks in Utah and three National Monuments. Hence, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
Moreover, Utah is also famous for Paleontology in North America. Due to a wide variety of different rocks capable of preserving fossils, Utah has the most dinosaur species in the country.
Here are the names of the National Parks available in Utah:
- Arches National Park.
- Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Canyonlands National Park.
- Capitol Reef National park.
- Zion National Park.
- Grand Canyon National Park.
- Mesa Verde National Park.
- Great Basin National Park.
- There are also some state and monuments:
- Dead Horse Point State Park.
- Escalante Grand-Staircase National Monument.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument.
- Snow Canyon State Park.
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park.
- Sand Hollow State Park.
- Goosenecks State Park.
- Natural Bridges National Monument.
Utah has many more opportunities and activities to do and places to see for tourists. Therefore, Utah National Parks are the best places to visit in USA.
#39 Mackinac Island, Michigan
Mackinac Island is between Michigan’s upper and lower peninsulas. Since the Victorian era, Mackinac Island is famous as a tourist trap.
Moreover, this island is only about 8 miles around. Every year Mackinac holds a Lilac festival since the island is famous for its beautiful and fragrant lilacs.
You could find several interests in this beautiful island.Moreover, many of the must-do things are classic. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Carriage Ride: Take a carriage ride, and you’ll find it the best way to explore Mackinac Island’s beauty.
- Ride a Bike: The most exciting and enjoyable activity is riding a bike into the streets. No matter where you want a stay! You can easily do everything on the bike.
- Best Tea: Let me tell you something! The Grand Hotel will provide you the best tea of your life if you are a tea lover.
Mackinac Island has not a lot of opportunities for tourists, but still, it has many more for a visitor.
This is why Mackinac Island has placed on the list of the best places to visit in USA.
#38 Cape May, New Jersey
Cape May is a city in New Jersey and famous for its Grand Victorian Houses. This city is best for Victorian Charm.
In addition, Cape May is a destination famous for its beaches and boardwalks. But, it offers tourists of all ages much more than surf, sand, and amusement.
Moreover, many people think to visit Cape May in summers, but the fall is also a great time to visit.
From beaches to restaurants Cape May offers several opportunities for tourists to enjoy quality time. Below are some of the activities for you!
- Beaches: Cape May is a paradise for beach lovers. Some of the most beautiful East Coast Beaches are available here.
- Cape May Lighthouse: Lighthouse is about two miles from the central city. You’ll see breathtaking views for the lighthouse.
- Emlen Physick Estate: It is a Victorian house museum in Cape May. This museum will transport you to the Victorian era.
- Washington Street Mall: It is an open-air mall that does not allow bicycle or skateboard. You have to walk around here.
- Food Tour of Cape May: Cape May Food tours offers visitors culinary and cultural journey into Cape May.
You’ll love their fresh seafood and other cuisines. So, you can visit Cape May with your families and friends. Therefore, you can call it one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#37 Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
Crater Lake is a national park in Oregon, present in the Cascade Mountains of southern Oregon.
Yeah! You can swim here. But, there is one place where it’s safe and legal to get down into the lake.
Moreover, the most popular months in which many tourists visit Crater Lake are July, August and September.
It is very famous for its blue and clear water with a depth of 1,949 feet and is one of the deepest lakes in the US.
There are many attraction points in Crater Lake National Park. Some of them are:
- Rim Drive: As it is clear from its name rim that you have to drive like a circle around the lake. It will refresh your mind.
- Crater Lake Lodge: Crater Lake has one of the historic lodges in the national parks. It would be best if you visited here.
- Garfield Peak: I suggest you hike Garfield Peak. But, it would help if you had good stamina for it. So, check out my workout routines to get muscular endurance.
- Sunrise: One of the most amusing moments that you can ever have in your life is a Sunrise. If you want to see a breathtaking scene, you must be at Crater Lake when the sunrise.
I recommend you to visit Crater Lake in June. So, you could adequately enjoy its beauty. Due to so many reasons, Crater Lake National Park is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#36 Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville is the capital of the US State of Tennessee and home to Vanderbilt University. Are you a live music lover? Nashville is one of the best cities for Live Music.
According to surveys, Nashville is the 80th safest city in the United States. It is famous as the capital of country music.
Moreover, Nashville has pretty good food and cultural arts scene. It’s live music, mainly free live music is incredible.
This city also has many lovely parks and picnic spots.
The best time to move to this city is from April to October because the warm weather brings the music city to life. So, you should take a guided tour to see all the best spots.
You can do many activities here, and a few of them are below:
- Listening Rooms: A listening room is the very core of the Music City Experience.
- Soundwaves: It is an indoor and outdoor waterpark at the Gaylord Opryland Resort with an adult bar.
- Doyle and Debbie: A live comedy and satire show that both skewers country music with first-rate jokes and music.
- Sporting Club: It has a four-star restaurant, bar, rooftop play area, and hotel in the downtown.
Nashville City has many top activities for visitors and backpackers. So, you can say it in one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#35 San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio is a major and the best city in south-central Texas with a rich colonial heritage.
This city is best for Texan History and the best places to live in Texas. So, living in San Antonio offers residents both urban and suburban mixed feel.
Moreover, San Antonio is famous for, among other things, the San Antonio Spurs, the Alamo, and great Tex-Mex food.
Do you want to know what to do here? Below is the answer to your question.
- The River Walk: The River Walk has another name Paseo del Rio is 20 feet below the street level and 15 miles long.
- Museum of Art: You must visit the San Antonio Museum of Art. Here you’ll see the beauty of the arts.
- Pearl Farmer Market: Do you want to taste full of yummy food and beverage? You will get it in Pearl Farmer Market.
- Natural Bridge Caverns: It is one of the most massive commercial caverns in Texas.
- Japanese Tea Garden: Japanese Tea Garden is one of the most tranquil places in the city. It would be best if you visited during your journey.
Families can spend quality time in San Antonio. Therefore, you can visit with your family for picnics.
#34 Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston is the South Carolina port city since 1970. It is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and pastel antebellum houses.
In addition, this city is famous for its historic charm, but it’s also well known for its arts scene. So, the best time to visit Charleston is from March to May and September to November.
In recent years, Charleston has transformed into one of the top travel destinations in the world.
You must stay at least three days to enjoy Charleston beauty, but staying longer will give your journey more adventures.
Here are the things that you don’t want to miss while visiting Charleston.
- Husk Restaurant: It’s your fault if you don’t visit Husk Restaurant in the time of hunger. It is the best place for you to dine.
- White Point Garden: It is a beautiful park surrounded by water by three sides. One of the best locations to take your families for a picnic.
- Folly Beach: This beach is famous as a surf spot. If you want to surf, you will get a chance here to do so.
These were some of the activities to do in Charleston, South Carolina. Due to many reasons, Charleston is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#33 Detroit, Michigan
Detroit is the largest city in the Midwestern state of Michigan and the best city to come back.
It is famous as the historic heart of the American automotive industry. Detroit has a nickname, “Motor City.”
Moreover, the state’s automotive industry provided the model for mass production that other industries later adopted.
Some of the city’s food garners national attention, while other cuisines remain hometown favorites.
Detroit is a city with a lot of energy and heart – not even winters can keep this city down.
So, if you or your friends decide to visit here, you can visit any month of the year.
Here are the things that must be accomplished while having a journey in Motor City.
- Masonic Temple: Visiting the Detroit Masonic Temple is one of the top things to do here.
- Motown Museum: Every tourist visits Motown Museum. Here you’ll find the history of Detroit.
- Belle Isle Park: It is a fun point and the most beautiful places to see in Detroit. You can have a picnic here with your family.
- Riverfront: One of the most amusing things to do is to visit Detroit Riverfront.
- Detroit Public Library: When you decide to visit Detroit, you probably didn’t count on the library. However, it is one of the most excellent libraries in all Michigan.
Hence, Detroit has so many fantastic sights and history to see. There are great opportunities in downtown Detroit, suburbs, and other locations. So, don’t waste time and start traveling towards Detroit.
#32 Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky and sits on the Ohio River along the Indiana border. It is best for Bourbon Lovers. Bourbon fans should put the Kentucky Bourbon Trail at the top of their bucket list.
In addition, this city is famous as the home of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali and Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). KFC headquarter is in Louisville, Kentucky.
Anyone who’s looking for a beautiful and quality time in southern city should come to Louisville.
But, when you visit Louisville, from where you should start exploring?
Fortunately, I’ve you covered. I’ve listed below the best activities that you can do in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Big Four Bridge: You can walk the Big Four Bridge free of cost. It is in front of the water, and you can spend quality time here. Moreover, you could have a picnic on the waterfront.
- Slugger Museum and Factory: Baseball lovers can understand that visiting this museum is the best thing to do in Louisville. You can learn the history of most amazing bats and see how they’re made.
- Muhammad Ali Center: Muhammad Ali, one of the best athletes of all-time, was from Louisville. It is present in downtown Louisville.
- Cave Hill Cemetery: When you are looking for a contemplative moment, Cave Hill Cemetery gives you the solitude your need.
- Louisville Zoo: If you are with your family, you must visit this zoo. Children will enjoy their time in Louisville Zoo.
Louisville isn’t a city that’s just resting on its reputation as the biggest city in its state. However, there are so many opportunities for travelers to have the best time. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#31 Savannah, Georgia
Savannah, a coastal Georgia city, is separated from South Carolina by the Savannah River. It is famous for manicured parks, horse-drawn carriages, and antebellum architecture.
Moreover, this city is the best historic district. So, the best time to visit Savannah is from March to July when there is warm weather.
When most visitors imagine Savannah, the first thought that comes into their minds is the vision of cobblestone streets. However, There’s so much more to Savannah then just streets.
Let’s explore a few best things to do in Savannah:
- Forsyth Park: The historic district of Savannah is beautiful enough, but Forsyth Park is beyond your imagination. You won’t want to miss it!
- City Market: It is four blocks open-air market surrounded by warehouses, shops, and many restaurants.
- The Historic Savannah Theatre: This Theatre is one of the oldest operating theatre in the United States. It is a hugely popular spot for taking photos.
- Waterfront: Did you even know Savannah has a riverfront? Sometimes, people get surprised to hear that Savannah has its river. It is the most beautiful place in this city.
So, book your tickets and pack your bag to have a wonderful time in Savannah!
#30 Lake Tahoe, California
Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, straddling California and Nevada’s border.
Unlike other lakes, Lake Tahoe poses some safety hazards that swimmers should take into account. It may be warm outside, but the lake can be dangerously cold. However, most of the danger in Lake Tahoe comes from Nature.
Moreover, you need two full days to explore everything here. Otherwise, you’ll have to skip too much. The best times to visit Lake Tahoe are from March to May and from September to November.
But don’t you worry, the area welcomes visitors throughout the year.
There are endless things to do and see in Lake Tahoe. However, many of the attractive areas come with a fee. Keep reading to know about free things to do in Lake Tahoe.
- Emerald Bat State Park: It is one of the most beautiful and photography spots in Lake Tahoe. The entrance in the park is free, but there is a parking fee for your vehicle.
- Squaw Valley: Squaw Valley is one of the world’s most elegant resorts and nearly 4,000 acres of ski-worthy terrain.
- D.L. Bliss State Park: It is home to some of the breathtaking sites and the most in-depth section of Lake Tahoe.
- Alpine Meadow: If you want to avoid the crowds that flock nearby the Squaw Valley, consider visiting the Alpine Meadow. It will provide you a feel of meditation.
Consider visiting Lake Tahoe with your family. You’ll have quality time here by seeing the breathtaking beauty of Nature. So due to Lake Tahoe’s attraction and opportunities for tourists, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#29 Columbia River George, Oregon
The Columbia River George is a canyon of the Columbia River in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. It is up to 4,000 feet deep.
So, bring your sense of adventure because Columbia River George is made for exploring. You can walk along the riverfront, discover the hidden waterfalls, and challenge yourself with a trek up Dog Mountain.
But, Colombia River George is not only spectacular scenery. There’s plenty of hand-crafted beer and farm-fresh dining too.
There are a lot of amazing things to do and see here.
- Go Hiking: Tight your boots and start a hike at the Columbia River George. You’ll feel the nature while hiking.
- Waterfalls: Go discover some waterfalls! It is the best thing to do here.
- River Hood: It is the most relaxing and comfortable place in the Columbia River George.
- Foodie Adventures: Go on a Foodie Adventure to have a taste of regional cuisines. There local cuisines for very famous.
So, it would be best if you took your family with you to explore Columbia River George. Therefore, it is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#28 Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Cape Cod, a hook-shaped peninsula of the US state of Massachusetts, is a popular summer destination. It is one of the world’s best summer vacation spots and famous for its beautiful beaches.
If you are keen to see lighthouses, then Cape Cod is for you because it’s best for Lighthouse lovers.
Cape Cod’s journey will keep you busy and satisfied. You can do many activities here; these are:
- Rail Trail: This 22 miles Cape Cod Rail Trail is popular among bikers, horse riders, and adventurers.
- Wellfleet Drive-in: Wellfleet is best for families looking for a break from the beach. It has a mini-golf course and a playground set up in front of the screen.
- National Seashore: You should visit here to set your mind at ease and to relax. Moreover, there’s a hiking and biking option for you to explore.
- Heritage Museum and Garden: Sandwich’s Heritage Museum and Garden appeal to travelers of all ages and interests.
- Cape Playhouse: With more than 90 seasons under its belt, the Cape Playhouse in the country’s oldest professional summer theater.
However, most of the people visit Cape Cod to watch lighthouses. But, there’s many more for visitors to do and see.
#27 New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans is a Louisiana city on the Mississippi River, near the Gulf of Mexico. Nicknamed “Big Easy’” it’s famous for its nightlife, live music, and spicy cuisines.
It is best for Cajun/Creole Cuisine lovers while you can get your drink in New Orleans.
Here are some things to see and do on your next trip to Big Easy.
- French Quarter: The French quarter has been the heart of New Orleans for all 300 years of its experience. You will enjoy your time here.
- New Orleans Saints: The New Orleans Saint NFL football team in the city’s passion throughout the fall and winter months.
- Magazine Street: Magazine street in the Lower Garden District is the shopper’s delight, with high-end boutiques and art galleries.
Moreover, New Orleans has always been one of the world’s great food town. Here you will get the best restaurants to dine. Therefore, you can call it one of the best places to visit in USA.
#26 Disney World, Florida
If left up to the kids, they’d choose Disney for every vacation, and we get it as the best vacation spot for kids.
Walt Disney World Resort is an entertainment and recreation center of nearly 40 square miles. It has four theme parks, two water adventure parks, and 34 resort hotels.
You may be surprised to know that there are a lot of activities to do at Disney World. Here’s my list of favorite things to do at Disney World.
- Pirates of Caribbean: The Magic Kingdom attraction is as classic as it gets. And it is becoming good day by day.
- Splash Mountain: Here, we have a soft spot as Splash Mountain. Moreover, children don’t want to leave this place after entrance.
- Avatar Flight for Passage: Avatar Flight for Passage is the best ride at the Animal Kingdom in Disney World.
- Expedition Everest: Expedition Everest is a fast rollercoaster train that speeds through the Himalayan Mountain.
- Kali River Rapid: This whitewater rafting is relatively gentle with a few thrilling drops. The fun is in the nervousness over whether you’ll get wet or thoroughly soaked.
Not only children but adults also enjoy their time in Disney World. There are so many surprises for everyone. No matter if you are visiting with your family or friends, you’ll have a fantastic time here.
#25 Aspen, Colorado
Aspen is Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, are a ski resort town and a year-round destination for outdoor recreation. It is a super glamour ski resort where you dress to impress for a day skiing down Aspen Mountain.
Aspen visitors and locals know this beautiful Colorado mountain town for its four ski resorts. Here are the things that you can see and do in Aspen, Colorado.
- Aspen Mountain: It is difficult to say whether it is better to come to Aspen Mountain in summer or wait for the winter. In both the weathers, you will get want to seek.
- Maroon Bells: The Maroon Bells, two peaks of Elk Mountain, are the most photographed mountains in the world.
- Snowmass: Snowmass is enormous; it has 3,362 acres of skiable terrain, including the superb expert territories in the hanging valley.
- Rio Grande Trail: Rio Grande Trail is the easiest and the most popular biking and hiking trail in Aspen.
- Recreation Center: If you did not get enough exercise on the ski slopes during the day, come to the Aspen Recreation Center for more games and fun.
Aspen is one of the best places to visit in USA. However, if you want to have a relaxing journey, you should decide to visit Aspen.
#24 Birmingham, Alabama
Believe it or not, Birmingham is a full-on foodie destination and has a place in the list of best vacation spots in the US. Birmingham is a city in the north-central region of the US state of Alabama.
Birmingham is famous for recognizing Veterans Day and hosts the nation’s oldest and largest Veterans Day Celebration.
With so many things to see and do here, let’s get on with the top five things to do in Birmingham.
- Birmingham Zoo: Meet the animals at the Birmingham Zoo. Moreover, half a million people visit this zoo every year.
- Sloss Furnace: Prepare yourself for a flight at Sloss Furnace.
- Museum of Art: You can view the collection of Arts at the Birmingham Museum of art. There are more than 26,000 paintings, drawings, prints, and decorative arts.
- McWane Science Center: The McWane science center has one obvious mission statement, “Change lives through science and wonders.” This center is an excellent place for children to explore.
- Barber Motorsports Park: You can watch some racing at Barber Motorsports Park, which has 74 acres of area.
You can discover more about Birmingham by visiting here. It is providing many opportunities for tourists to have a quality time.
#23 Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Yellowstone National Park is a nearly 3,500-sq-mile wilderness recreation area atop a volcanic sot spot. It takes longer than two days to experience the Yellowstone area thoroughly.
The best times to visit Yellowstone National Park are from April to May and between September and October.
There are Old Faithfull and gray wolves, rodeos, powwows, and so much more. Be sure to hit everything mentioned below to enjoy the journey.
- Geyser Erupt and See Giant Spring: Yellowstone is the largest active geyser field in the world. Make sure to visit here.
- Wild Animal: You can see a variety of wild animals here as Yellowstone National Park is home to more wild animals than almost everywhere in the US.
- Grand Canyon: You can experience the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, where you can see three glorious waterfalls.
- Rafting and Paddling: Take a Paddling trip along the shores of Yellowstone Lake near lakeside geysers.
- Camping: Most of the adventurists want to stay in camp. Here, you can fulfill your desire for camping.
Yellowstone journey is famous among travelers, and it has a spot in the best places to visit in USA.
#22 St. Michaels, Maryland
St. Michael, abbreviated from Saint Michael, is a town in Talbot Country, Maryland. Calling itself “the Heart and Soul of the Chesapeake Bay,” retains the look and feel of the 19th-century seaport.
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum preserves the history of Saint Michaels with a restored example of “bugeyes” and “skipjacks.”
Home to museum and boutiques, fabulous restaurants, and crab houses, St. Michaels offers plenty of adventures by land or by water. Some of them can’t miss activities are below.
- The Inn: The Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond in streaking across 25 acres of waterfront.
- Links at Perry Cabin: This 18-holes championship course designed by legendary Pete Dye and the course plays through Maryland’s iconic Eastern Shore.
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum: It has 18 acres’ waterfront, park line setting, with numerous indoor and outdoor exhibitions.
This city has plenty of opportunities for visitors. So, you can visit anytime here and have quality time.
#21 Manchester, Vermont
Manchester is a town in southern Vermont. It only takes four-hours’ drive from Manhattan and two-hours’ drive from Boston.
There are many attractions here like white church steeples, local breweries, art galleries, and many more. Hence, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
There is so much to do in Manchester; there are also nearby towns and areas that offer their worthwhile attractions.
Here are the awesome things to do and see in Manchester, Vermont.
- Mount Equinox: When you enter into Manchester’s downtown, you will see Mount Equinox. You can climb it or have a ride up to the mountain.
- Viking Nordic Center: It is famous for winter fun. You can take your family here and spend time with them in a relaxing atmosphere.
- Backroad Discovery Tours: It is a local guide tour service that will help you to have some adventures during your journey.
- Lye Brook Falls: These waterfalls are the most excellent places in Manchester.
Visitors can explore all of the places mentioned above and can discover many more things.
#20 Miami, Florida
Miami is the seat of Miami-Dade Country and the cultural, economic, and financial center of South Florida. This city is best for a beach party.
Miami does not need an introduction. It is famous all around the world for its beaches like Miami Beach and South Beach. Miami is overall a safe city, especially for tourists.
Here is the list of things that you can do and see in Miami.
- Iconic Miami Beach: Miami Beach is the best area in the city for soaking up some rays on a sandy beach.
- Jungle Island: You can explore Miami’s Jungle Island. It is one of the most popular attractions in this city.
- Bayside Marketplace: Hosting over 150 specialties and tourist shops, cafes, and restaurants, Bayside Marketplace has it all.
- Miami Zoo: If you are with your children, Miami Zoo is the best option for your children. Here, you can see over 2,000 wild animals.
- Science Museum: It is an informative place that is good for your children. Children can learn many things from here.
Go out and explore Miami City. I’m sure this city will satisfy all your desires and wishes.
#19 Finger Lakes, New York
The Finger Lakes is a group of eleven long, narrow, roughly north-south lakes in an area formally called Finger Lakes in New York. Due to its breathtaking beauty, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
Although anytime is a great time to come here, but the best time to visit Finger Lakes is late spring. Moreover, it’s an outdoor wonderland, full of surprises and recreational activities.
There are countless things to do in Finger Lakes. Some visitors explore the landscape and natural beauty of the region, and others spend their time shopping.
Some of them can’t miss activities that are mentioned below.
- State Parks: There are abundant of state parks and Historic site in Finger Lakes. You can’t miss all of them.
- Entertainment: You will get all-year-round enjoyment for you and your family here.
- Watkins Glen: Another best thing to do in Finger Lake is visiting Watkin Glen. It is a breathtaking and most photographed view in Finger Lakes.
- Soaring on Harris Hills: One of the most unique and adventurous things to do in Finger Lake is seeing the region from a bird eye’s view.
- Owego: It is the most underrated thing to do in Finger Lakes. But, make sure to visit here once, then you’ll understand its beauty.
Hopefully, you’ll find this information helpful for your journey.
#18 New York City, New York
New York City comprises five boroughs sitting where the Hudson River meets the Atlantic Ocean. New York is the best-branded city in the World.
The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Time Square, Wall Street, and Central Park are globally recognized icons.
This city is the economic capital of the World and best for theater lovers.
If you are the first time traveling NYC, I’ve listed some of the top sights and hidden gems.
- Statue of Liberty: If it’s your first time visiting NYC, you’ll want to see the Statue of Liberty. Yeah! It’s touristy.
- Staten Island Ferry: If you’ve got limited time and you’re on a budget, the best way to see the Statue of Liberty is by hopping on the Staten Island Ferry.
- Central Park: Central Park is as good as it looks in all the movies. But, it is even more massive then we expect.
- Governors Island: You need a few meters to reach here and get incredible feelings.
- Greenwich Village: You can wander around Greenwich Village. You’ll find here some right places to have a quality meal and famous bars.
The people of NYC are friendly, and you don’t need to worry about anything.
#17 Pearl Harbor National Memorial, Hawaii
The Pearl Harbor National Memorial is the southern end of the Oahu, Hawaii. I can only have accessed by boat from the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
Here are some of the things you can expect to see during your visit to the Pearl Harbor National Memorial.
- Orientation in Aloha Court: Visitors can receive information about planning their day at Pearl Harbor immediately. Tickets and data are available in Aloha Court.
- Exhibit Galleries: There are two Exhibits named Road to War and Attack. These Galleries display personal memorabilia, dramatic photographs, and other exhibits.
- Memorial Theater: If you are a theater lover, you can choose to fulfill your wish to see the theater here.
You must take your family with you to the Pearl Harbor National Memorial. Having many activities for visitors, Pearl harbor National Memorial is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#16 Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis is a major city in Minnesota that form “Twin Cities” with the neighboring state capital of St. Paul. It is best for Midwestern Museum.
Minneapolis is the most populous city in Minnesota and famous for its rise-office building and a vibrant nightlife.
I’ve gathered some of my favorite things to do. No matter which season you are going, I’ve got you covered.
- St. Anthony Falls: You can overlook the frozen St. Anthony Falls from the Guthrie’s Endless Bridge that that jets over the Mississippi.
- Theodore Wirth Park: You can cross country ski, snowboard, snow tube, or snowshoe in the winter recreation.
- Loring Park: You must enjoy a scenic walk through Loring Park, the central part of downtown Minneapolis.
- Nice Ride: During the warmer months, hop on a Nice Ride Bike at one of nearly 200 Nice Ride Stations.
- Lake of the Isles: You can take your dog to the dog park at Lake of the Isles, which has 2 acres.
Minneapolis is one of the best vacation spots in the US. Due to a lot of recreation and outdoor activities, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#15 Sedona, Arizona
Sedona is an Arizona desert town near Flagstaff surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls, and pine forests.
The majestic red rock scenery and evergreen vegetation are two reasons for Sedona’s unique energy and its tangible regenerative and inspirational effects.
People love to drive around Sedona. They have free coffee, maps, and a restroom. Their selection of hiking and vortex maps are a great resource to get started on your Sedona adventures.
There are many things to do in Sedona, Arizona. Some of them are below.
- Devil’s Bridge Trail: One of the best things to do in Sedona, Arizona, is to come out to Devil’s Bridge Trail.
- Oak Creek Canyon: When you visit Sedona, don’t miss to visit Oak Creek Canyon. Moreover, you can come here with your family and friends.
- Heritage Museum: If you want to know how Sedona became the thriving city today, you should visit this Museum.
- Evening Sky Tour: If you are with your lover, you must go to the Evening Sky Tour to make your journey romantic and lovable.
- Salt-Rock Southwest Kitchen: Southwest Cuisine has a reputation of vivid flavors, and Sedona has more than its share of excellent places to eat.
There are all kinds of great stuff to do and see in Sedona. It’s one of the coolest places in the southwest.
#14 Redwood National and State Park, California
It’s hard to explain the feeling you get in the old-growth forest of California. Redwood National and State Park are a string of protected forest, beaches and grassland.
There is no fee for entering into Redwood National and State Park. Moreover, you should spend at least two days in Redwood National Park to explore every single beauty.
The Redwood’s trail passes through forests and canyons. In summer, you should wear light, but sturdy hiking boots.
I’m sure you ‘ll find something here that everyone in your group will love.
- Klamath River: Gaze out over the coastline where the river meets the sea, and this is an incredible scene.
- Coastal Drive: You can cruise along the coast that is high above the crashing waves, and there are stunning views in every direction.
- Trillium Falls: You must wander through the Redwood to find this breathtaking Trillium Waterfall.
- Fern Canyon: It feels like a true adventurer when you enter and explore incredible fern-draped walls.
- Howland Hill Road: Drive slowly, roll the windows down, and take a relaxing scenic while driving.
You make sure that you don’t miss a single thing here. There are a lot of beautiful and photographed places for you. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#13 Austin, Texas
Austin is the state capital of Texas and an inland city bordering the Hill Country region. Austin is famous for outstanding foods, great live music, and its general weirdness. This city is best for Fests
It’s rapidly rising in popularity as a place to live and visit because of its exotic cultures and friendly people.
It has a lot of great parks, river access, hike, and bike trails. The one who visits Austin can ever get bored. Keep reading and learn about the things to do in Austin.
- Bullock Texas State History Museum: One of the region’s to attraction, this museum is best to take your children here.
- Zilker Metropolitan Park: This park is mostly a landscape and is a piece of high outdoor activity in the heart of Austin.
- Barton Spring Pool: You can visit this pool and enjoy swimming here.
- Zilker Botanical Garden: the 30 acres Zilker park is providing a lot for visitors and locals. It would be best if you took your family here.
Make sure you take good care of your health and stuff to avoid any problem.
#12 Nantucket, Massachusetts
Leave the car behind and take a bike to Nantucket. It is a tiny, and isolated island off Cape Cod. Most people make a tour to Nantucket in summer. You can call it the summer destination.
There are many attractions like foggy weather, lighthouses, fantastic fishing, and the rainbow Fleet.
Here’s my guide of the best things to do in Nantucket, Massachusetts.
- Rent a Bike: Renting a bike and then exploring the island is the most thrilling activity that you can do.
- Beaches: Nantucket’s beautiful and clean sandy beaches are among the most beautiful in the country.
- Sankaty Head Lighthouse: It was built in 1850 to protect mariners from the hazardous shoals.
- Cruise the Harbor: Nantucket has some of the best sunsets in the world. So, a perfect afternoon activity is to cruise around the Harbor.
- Fishing: This city has lots of game fish. So if you are a true fisherman, you must visit Nantucket.
You can have a romantic journey with your love one because Nantucket’s beauty will provide your love more passion. Therefore, it is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#11 Napa County, California
Napa County is in California and famous for hundreds of hillside vineyards in the Napa Valley region.
There are many other activities than drinking wine that you can do in Napa. Here are some of them.
- Bike Ride: You should go for a bike ride along the Napa River. Napa offers an excellent bike path that follows several miles along the Napa River.
- Chocolate Making: You can meet the chocolate makers and learn how they produce chocolate for us.
- Far Niente: Those who want to avoid crowded places should visit Far Niente to relax his/her mind.
- Robert Louis Stevenson State Park: People don’t know that there are much nature views in Napa. So, if you want to see natural beauty in Napa, you have to visit Robert Louis Stevenson State Park.
- Oxbow Market: You can explore the Oxbow Market downtown on 1st street. You can do shopping here and could spend some quality time.
Overall, Napa County has many things to do besides its wine. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in USA
#10 Biscayne National Park, Florida
Biscayne National Park is one of the least-crowded sites managed by the National Park Service. It encompasses coral reefs, island, and shoreline forest in the Northern Florida Keys.
The park preserves Biscayne Bay and its offshore barrier reefs. Since most of the parks are covered by water, and there is only one mile of paved roadway, some watercraft is needed to get to most places.
Here are the activities that you can do here.
- Fishing: The park preserves unique marine habitat and nursery environments that sustain diverse native fishery resources.
- Guided Tour: I recommend you should take a guided tour of Biscayne National Park you explore it thoroughly.
- Camping: One of the most favorite thing for adventurists is camping. So, here you can make camp and stay.
- Wildlife: The park is home to many animals and plant including over 500 species of reef fish.
- Boating: You can explore the protected water of Biscayne National Park by a boat.
The park is giving many opportunities to tourists. So, it’s one of the best places to visit in USA.
#9 Washington, D.C.
Washington, DC, is the capital of the United States and best for free museums. Apart from poetical aspects, there is so much more to explore and enjoy.
Below is my list of top things to do in Washington DC. So, keep reading!
- National Mall: Each year, millions of people come to the monuments and memorials that have more than 1,000 acres of National Mall.
- The Anthem: The Anthem is the state-of-art concert venue in the heart of The Warf, the city’s newest waterfront development.
- Nationals Park: It is one of the most magnificent baseball stadiums in the United States.
- Eastern Market: This market is open since 1873 and a National Historic Landmark in Washington DC.
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute: On any weekend, this zoo is one of the most popular places in the town.
Hence, Washington, DC has a lot to do and see rather than politics. Therefore, you can visit here to explore the hidden gems of Washington, DC.
#8 Natchez, Mississippi
Natchez is a city in Mississippi, set on the Mississippi River. It’s famous for antebellum mansions like the unfinished, and octagonal Longwood.
Natchez is a great place to live and visit. It has a lot of open fields to play. You can take your children here; they will surely enjoy in Natchez.
Keep reading to learn about the best places and tourist attractions in Natchez.
- Stanton Hall: The other name of Stanton Hall is “Belfast House.” It is one of the most substantial and most lavish antebellum mansions in the US.
- Longwood: Another majestic mansion to visit in Natchez is Longwood. It has another name that is “Nutt’s folly.”
- Emerald Mountain: Emerald Mountain is present close to the Natchez Trace Parkway and is the second-largest Pre-Columbian ceremonial mount in the US.
You can discover more about Natchez by visiting here. No matter of time, you can visit whenever you have time.
#7 Kansas City, Missouri
Kansan City is famous for its finger chicken good barbeque and few other standouts. This city sits on Missouri western edge, straddling the border with Kansas.
Uncover Kansas City by exploring its treasured attractions and institutes.
- The City Market: It is in the city’s historic market. You can visit with your family or friends here.
- Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead: This model is designed to take animals where you can your children can visit to see.
- Fountains: The Kansas City is also famous as the City of Fountains. You’ll find many beautiful fountains here.
Many of the most popular places in Kansas City is free to visit. Therefore, it is one of the best vacation spots in the US.
#6 Big Sur, California
Big Sur is a rugged stretch of California’s central coast between Carmel and San Simeon. Big Sur has been called the “longest and most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the contiguous United States.”
Historically, the name Big Sur got from the unexplored and unmapped wilderness area. It is best for a scenic drive.
You can plan your travel along this scenic coast with my top things to do here.
- Pfeiffer Beach: Slightly off the beaten path, the narrow and twisting two-mile road to reach Pfeiffer Beach is just over a mile south from the entrance of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.
- Bixby Bridge: It is an iconic symbol of the Big Sur coastline; tourists from across the world photographing the Bixby Bridge.
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park: Along the banks of the Big Sur River surrounded by steep Santa Lucia Mountains, Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is one of the most popular on the coast.
- Ragged Point: For tourists heading north, Ragged Point is often the first stop when traveling through Big Sur.
- Limekiln State Park: Encompassing redwood forests and the dramatic nature of the Santa Lucia Range running into the ocean, Limekiln State Park highlights much of what makes Big Sur so unique.
While Big Sur might be a crown-jewel of California, there’s many more gems to explore.
#5 Chicago, Illinois
Chicago, on Lake Michigan in Illinois, is among the largest cities in the U.S. It is best for a big city getaway.
Chicago is also great to get around on foot, along the lakefront trail or the new river-walk.
Let’s Explore the best things to do in Chicago.
- River and Lake Cruises: Out on Lake Michigan and along the Chicago River you can sit back and give Chicago’s cityscape the attention it deserves.
- Sky-Deck: The 442-metre Willis Tower was the tallest building in the world for 25 years, and is still among the top 25.
- Food Tour: The best foods are deep-dish pizza, hot dogs piled with seven toppings, Italian beef sandwiches, brownies and beer.
- Art Institute of Chicago: Three of the most studied and celebrated paintings of the past 150 years await at an art museum to match the best in the world.
- Grand Park: Affectionately known as “Chicago’s front yard”, Grant Park fronts the Loop on Lake Michigan and is the city’s prime open space.
Please don’t wait for the right time, select a time and Chicago will make it right! Hence, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#4 Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas, officially the City of Las Vegas and often known simply as Vegas, is the 28th-most populated city in the United States.
Las Vegas is an internationally renowned major resort city, known primarily for its gambling, shopping, fine dining, entertainment, and nightlife. The Las Vegas Valley as a whole serves as the leading financial, commercial, and cultural Centre for Nevada.
Follow my guide and discover all the magic Las Vegas has to offer.
- The Fountain of Bellagio: The dancing waters of this Las Vegas landmark are a familiar sight in Hollywood movies, and they never fail to impress in person.
- The Peppermill: A classic diner and lounge where partiers dig into late-night omelets and gather around fire pits with fruity cocktails.
- Park Theater: A showroom hosting some of the hottest resident performers on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Hoover Dam: The Great Depression-era landmark that dammed the Colorado River and created Lake Mead.
- The Venetian: Proudly representing Las Vegas’s era of themed resorts, the Italianate Venetian transports visitors across the Atlantic.
#3 Las Angeles, California
Los Angeles is a sprawling Southern California city and the Centre of the nation’s film and television industry. This country is at number three in my list of best places to visit in USA.
Los Angeles is known for its Mediterranean climate, ethnic diversity, Hollywood entertainment industry, and its sprawling metropolis.
“Walkable” isn’t a word that comes to mind when you think of Los Angeles. But, there’s ample opportunity for exercise on scenic hikes in the Hollywood Hills or leisurely bike rides along that string of sandy beaches. Therefore, it is one of the best places to visit in USA,
- Hollywood Sign: Put up in 1923 and originally spelling “Hollywood-land”, a real estate development, the unmistakable Hollywood Sign was only supposed to last for 18 months.
- The Getty Center: The main branch of the J. Paul Getty Museum is in Brentwood, surveying Los Angeles from its hilltop roost.
- Griffith Park: In 1896 the Welsh mining magnate Griffith J. Griffith presented over 3,000 acres of Rancho Los Feliz to the City of Los Angeles as a “Christmas present”.
- Venice: An eccentric neighborhood and seaside resort, the world-famous Venice in Los Angeles at its most cosmopolitan and independent.
- Getty Villa: Before the Getty Center there was the Getty Villa, commissioned by J. Paul Getty in the 1970s after the previous gallery on his property in Pacific Palisades ran out of space.
#2 St. John, Virgin Islands
St. John is the smallest of the 3 U.S. Virgin Islands, which are located in the Caribbean Sea. Virgin Islands National Park occupies more than half the island. Its forests shelter resident and migratory birds, including cuckoos, warblers and hummingbirds.
I’ve listed St. John on the second number in the list of best vacation spots in the US. Below are some of the opportunities that St. John provides to visitors.
- National Park: You don’t have to make a special effort to visit the Virgin Islands National Park; if you’re on St. John, you’re probably standing right on the edge of it.
- Trunk Bay: To some, Trunk Bay is the Mecca of beaches. You’ll be hard-pressed to find another Caribbean beach with sand quite so pearly or water so aquamarine
- Caneel Bay: Caneel Bay is adjacent to the Caneel Bay Resort, but it’s free for everyone to enjoy.
- Main Street: If you love to shop, dive in St. Thomas has the best shopping plaza in the Caribbean.
- Annaberg Plantation: In its heyday, the Annaberg Plantation produced sugar, molasses and rum.
No Doubt, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
#1 Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Grand Canyon National Park is best for beautiful and breathtaking views. Grand Canyon National Park, in Arizona, is home to much of the immense Grand Canyon, with its layered bands of red rock revealing millions of years of geological history.
I’ve put Grand Canyon National Park as number one destination because of its beauty and views. Hence, it is one of the best places to visit in USA.
Weather in the Grand Canyon is at its best between April and June when rainfall averages are low, and temperatures have not yet reached their scorching summer highs.
The park becomes extremely crowded when school lets out in June, so plan your visit before then, if possible.
Make your Grand Canyon vacation epic by doing iconic activities and viewing the must-see sights. Start with my list:
- Hiking: Grand Canyon National Park, and the greater Grand Canyon region, is a hiker’s dream. Most of Grand Canyon National Park is undeveloped backcountry.
- Ride on a Train: Adventure, sightseeing and history! If it’s an adventure, travel and history all rolled into one that you want on your Grand Canyon vacation, then Grand Canyon Train is your answer.
- Camping: You can camp here and take a feel of adventure.
- Rafting Trip: One of the most exciting ways to experience the Grand Canyon is to float through it by raft on the Colorado River.
- Helicopter View: Take a Helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon for a unique and spectacular vantage of this vast, deep natural wonder.
It would be best if you took your family in the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. But, you have to keep an eye on your children, so they don’t get lost in this enormous park. It is one of the best places to visit in the USA with so much to do here.
Hopefully, you have got what you were looking for! If you have any question related to the best places to visit in USA, you can ask me down below in the comments section.
Many people want to know which place will suites them for travel in the United States. So, I’ve listed the 60 best places to visit in USA.
Moreover, you can also get to know what to do in those places from this article.